In this article, you are going to learn how to use the By Parameter (Beta) feature in the EMS platform.
- Available frequencies
- Available parameters
- How does it work
- Data Display
- Exporting Data
- Tips and Tricks
In this screen you will be able to see data for any standard parameter with an easy and very custom configuration and a beautiful layout.
Furthermore, different to what happens with other quick check screens like Consumption, your last consultation will remain in the screen until you change it.
The available frequencies always depend on the frequency of the data you have inserted. Apart from that, in this screen the available frequencies depend on the type of visualisation that you choose.
Hourly, Daily and Monthly frequencies are available for all visualisations.
Other frequencies based on what you configure in Preferences are available for Lines, Bars and Stacked-bars visualisations.
This feature shows data of any parameter available in the platform. They are listed here.
Remember that the platform can only show data if you have previously inserted it.
In order to see data in the By Parameter (Beta) screen you need to:
- Send data to the platform
- Accept the devices and datapoints generated when the data gets into the platform
- Assign those devices to their corresponding location
Note: Only admins and superadmins have access to this feature.
How does it work
1. Enter the feature in the Analysis section.
From here, there is not a correct order to do that. You will see the chart being updated automatically with every change!
2. Select the Visualisation
- Single KPI
- Stacked bars
- Heat map
3. Select the parameter
4. Select the devices.
Here there will automatically appear the devices available for the parameter selected and for the location in which you are at the moment. Right now, you can choose up to 20 devices with an easy search bar.
5. Select the resolution. See "Available frequencies" section for more detail
6. Select Operation
7. Select Period. This screen allows many different possibilities to choose the period. You can choose to see a fix period or a rolling one, based on the current date and time. See more about the Advanced Period selector in this article.
8. Select Comparison. You can choose if you don't want to compare the data or if you want to compare it with the previous period or the same period last year.
There are currently 8 types of visualisation (listed above) that you can choose.
You can mouse over the chart to see the specific numerical data and drag and drop to zoom.
There is also a button to hide the menu so that you can have a bigger image of the outcome chart to analyse it or show it more comfortable.
Remember that even if you leave the platform, your last consultation will remain in the screen until you change it.
There are no exporting tools in this feature yet.
Tips and Tricks
In the Device selector, remember that you can use the asterisk (*) to put many devices at the same time.