There are multiple gateways integrated into the platform allowing an easy data transfer. One of these integrations is the Circutor EDS and there are two ways to send data using the gateway:
- Circutor EDS integration
- Power Studio integration
Keep reading to understand the difference between both integrations. The article is divided into the following sections:
- When to use Power Studio or Circutor EDS integration?
- Power Studio
- Circutor EDS
When to use Power Studio or Circutor EDS integration?
The Power Studio integration works as follows:
Once the user has configured the parameters needed to reach a Power Studio (URL, user, password), the platform will reach that address and recover the data from the registered devices. If you are using a Power Studio, this is definitely your choice. However, please verify that the devices that you have in the Power Studio are integrated with the platform (see the section below).
A Power Studio might as well be represented by a Circutor EDS. In this case, the user should configure a fixed IP and port for the EDS in order to add it to the platform. Afterwards, the platform will access that address and recover the data from the devices.
So, when to use Circutor EDS integration?
Circutor EDS Integration is an integration directly done by Circutor. This integration will send the data from the gateways to the platform (contrarily to the Power Studio integration). It could be convenient for you to use this integration for the following cases:
- You do not have a fixed IP for your EDS and so you cannot configure the Power Studio.
- Some of your sensors are not integrated with the platform in the Power Studio integration.
In the following section, you will learn how to deal with each of the integrations.
Circutor Power Studio
Devices integrated with the Power Studio
The devices that are currently integrated with the Power Studio are the following:
- CVM 144
- CVM 144 TCP
- LM50 TCP
- CVM-NET 4-C1
- CVM-NET 4-C2
- CVM-NET 4-C3
- CVM-NET 4-C4
- CVM 1D
If the devices you are trying to reach through this integration are not included in the list, contact your support provider.
Adding a Circutor Power Studio to the platform
The Energy Management Platform is compatible with Circutor Power Studio systems. In order to start receiving data to your account follow these steps:
- In the upper right corner of your main page select "Settings":
- Once in the Settings page select Gateways
- Select "Register a new gateway":
- Select "Power Studio Engine" and click "Next":
- Fill the form with the information of your power studio:
- Click on "Search devices", select the ones you want and click on configure:
- You're done
The Circutor EDS is a data logger with an embedded power studio. It's compatible with a huge range of Circutor devices either local or remote. It has 8 digital Inputs and 6 outputs.
#Note: For devices compatibility, please ask our support team.
(check attached file: eds)
Circutor EDS - firmware
If you have an EDS or EDS-3G capable to send data directly to EM Platform, you can follow these steps. For further information, have a look at the attached manual.
In order for the EDS to send data to the Platform, you will have to update the firmware. You can download the files for the update on the Circutor website.
1) Create a Virtual Gateway following these instructions
2) Write down the mac (identifier) and the token provided by the EM Platform. You will need this information to configure properly the EDS. Here you have more information about obtaining these parameters under your gateway.
3) Go to your EDS remote page and configure the General Settings to start receiving data in the Platform.
- Host: is3.dexcell.com
- Port: 80
- Key: Mac, obtained in the second step
- Token: token obtained in the second step
When defining the variables to send to the platform, if you want to send Active Energy (DEXMA 402 parameter) at EDS you have to select the AEE (Active Energy End) variable.