In this article, you will learn the existent types of gateways in the platform and how to create a new Gateway.
What is a Gateway?
In the Platform, a gateway is the datalogger that stores all the information coming from the data insertion. In order to learn more about gateways, do not hesitate to check this article.
Available gateways in the Platform
There are 3 different types of gateways in the Platform:
There is a set of physical gateways integrated with the Platform. This means that if you install any of these types of gateways in the field, you just have to set it up in the Platform very easily and identify them using their key or another type of credentials.
Check out the list of physical gateways that are already integrated with the Platform:
If you need to integrate any other parameter, contact your support provider.
FTP / SFTP / Email gateways
These types of gateways are the most used by the Platform's users. There are many different file formats integrated and they are very easy to set-up.
- Add an FTP gateway
Check out which formats are already available.
If you need to add any other format, please contact your support provider.
Right now in the Platform, there are 2 different virtual gateways:
- The general Virtual gateway, which allows you to import any type of data using the API or importing Excel files.
- The Virtual Weather Station, which allows you to obtain weather data just using the Postcode of your locations.
Create a new Gateway
In order to register a new gateway, you have to follow these steps:
- Access to your account and then go to Settings on the right hand of the screen:
- Click on "Gateways" menu. Here, you will see all the gateways previously created or the option to create a new one clicking on "Register a new Gateway".
- Then, you will see all the different kinds of gateways fully integrated with the EMS Platform and available to register them. Select the desired gateway.
- Fill the gaps for the proper configuration of the gateway. Depending on the type of gateway to register, you will need specific information on the datalogger.
Once a gateway is registered, and you start sending data, you will have to follow another set of steps to visualise the data in the Platform.