In this article you are going to learn how to use the Queries screen (previous version of Advanced Analytics)
- Available frequencies
- Available parameters
- How does it work?
- Data Display
- Exporting data
- Tips and tricks
The Queries screen allows you to visualize any type of data (even raw data) that has been inserted into the Platform.
You can visualize up to two different parameters, for the amount of devices or groups that you desire, within a timeframe selected by you.
You can later on export that data to an excel file.
The available frequencies in this screen are from 5min to monthly.
You can also visualize your data accumulated, if that is the way you are inserting the data.
The available parameters to select in the Queries screen are all the parameters of the Platform, including the calculated parameters. This means that you can compare any type of parameters that you wish between them (i.e: Temperature with Energy data).
In order to see data in the queries screen, you need to do a few things first:
- To send data to the EM Platform
- To accept the devices and datapoints generated when the data gets into the platform
- To assign those devices to their corresponding location
And that's it, you are ready to analyse your data!
How does it work?
- Go to the Queries section
- Create a new Query clicking on "New Query"
- Select the period of time for which you want to visualize the data. You can select dynamic period or a personalised (and therefore static) one.
- Select the parameter that you want to visualize, already in the frequency desired.
- Select the Nodes (devices) and groups, containing the parameter selected, that you want to visualize in your graph. You will be able to edit this later on.
- In case you want to visualize another parameter (the 2nd and last), click on Add right axis, at the bottom of the form, and follow steps 4 and 5 to set it up.
- Once the query is set up, click on "Display".
Save the Query
You can save your query by clicking on "Save" in the visualization screen.
You can save it private (only for you) or public (for anyone that might access the account), with a name and a description.
To be able to save it, you must be under a location of the account.
All the saved queries will be accessible on the bottom-left side of the screen.
Once you click on "Display" after creating or editing the query, the visualization of the data is in columns (the first parameter) and, in case the 2nd one exists, in lines.
You can export the Queries Graph to an Excel file by clicking on the Export to excel icon underneath the block.
You can also export the graph as a picture by clicking on the camera icon underneath the block.
Tips and tricks
Select and unselect devices
You can select or unselect devices in the queries graph to change the visualization of the graph.
Zoom in and out
The graph allows you always to Zoom in and Out as you desire with a drag and drop.