In this article you are going to learn about the datalogger Socomec H80.
What is a Socomec H80?
The Socomec H80 is a datalogger that enables you to create a smart energy data communications network in order to:
- Remotely and automatically read muti-fluid energy meters and multi-fuction meters.
- Pool, secure, store and provide the data to an application.
- Connect your meters and multi-function measurement units in a 2G/3G/ or GPRS network.
Collection frequency can be configured for each meter. It has integrated multiple communication protocols: Modbus RTU/TCP, Wireless M-Bus, HTTP(s), FTP(s).
It communicates with the Platform through FTP.
NOTE: See files attached at the end of the article for more information
How to add a Socomec H80 in the Platform
The Socomec H80 datalogger is one of the gateways that are integrated with the EMS, so to communicate the Socomec with the platform is easy and quick.
To start receiving data you just have to follow the next steps:
1. Login to the EMS with your user and password.
2. Go to the Settings section:
3. On the left menu select Gateways and click on Register a new gateway:
4.Select the gateway Socomec Datalog H80 and click on Next:
5. Fill in the following fields:
- Name: Write a distinctive name for your gateway
- Time zone: select the time zone where your gateway is located
Write down the Address, User and Password FTP, you will need it in the next step.
6. Now go to H80's configuration interface. In the sending data section, select FTP and write down the FTP address, the user and the password provided by the EMS.
7. Save the changes on your datalogger and it will be ready to start sending data to the platform.