In this article you're going to learn what the profiles of users are and how to use them in the EMS Platform.
What is a profile?
A profile is a type of user, that you can fully configure, to which you can automatically share a set of dashboards.
The main idea of the profile is to create one-shot a set of dashboards for each type of user that you might have (for example Manager, Customers or Sales people) and make them available (only for visualisation) to all the users that are part of the given profile.
Learn how to share dashboards here.
How to create a profile
These are the steps that you must follow in order to create a Profile:
- First of all, access to DEXMA Platform with a SuperAdmin or Admin user
- Go to Settings --> Users and click on the Profiles tab
- Click on Create new profile
- Write the basic data for the new user profile who will have access to all the Dashboards you indicate
- You can share all types of Dashboards: template, zone and location. Location Dashboards will be only visible if the user has access to the corresponding location.
- Once you have shared the corresponding Dashboards, these will appear on your Dashboards zone. Shared dashboards can only be modified by its owner (AND ONLY if the owner of the dashboard has NOT shared the dashboard with themselves. Sharing a dashboard with the dashboard's owner will remove the ability to edit that dashboard).