In this article, you will learn how to set up no data alerts in-bulk.
Why No data alerts in-bulk?
The no data alert is one of the alert types that are available to set up in the EM platform. Check out this article to learn more about this type of alert.
As you might know, alerts in the EM platform need to be set up by location, and this can be very limiting when dealing with big portfolios.
That's why we have implemented an Excel file in order to be able to set up several alerts of the same type all at once.
The process for this configuration is similar to the regular in-bulk set up of the platform: You need to set up your alerts in the No data Alert Excel file (attached in this article) and, after that, send it to our support team at email@example.com. They will upload the file for you and with a blink of an eye you will find all your alerts automatically set up in your account.
Set up your No data Alert in-bulk Excel file
You can find the No data Alert in-bulk Excel file template attached at the end of this article.
This Excel contains the basic configuration of the alerts divided by columns.
- Location key: key of the location for which the alert will be configured (1 row per location).
- Name: name that you want to give to the alert.
- Hours without data: Amount of hours without data before the alert is triggered.
- Active: TRUE or FALSE, depending on whether the alert should be active or not.
- Devices to which the alert applies: device_key of each device for which the alert should be applied. For each location, it can be 1 or more than 1 device (separated by comma).
Last key must end with a comma.
- Notices each X event: how often the alert should be sent. The options are: hour, 8 hours, day, week, month.
- Send notice by email: TRUE or FALSE, depending on whether the alert should be sent by email or not.
- Email list: List of emails of the users that should receive the alert (separated by comma).
Last email must end with a comma.