In order to start translating, beforehand you have to:
- First of all you must create a user in DEXMA that you will use to translate the Platform
- Send this user to firstname.lastname@example.org so that our Support team can enable the translator to it.
- The support team will send you an invite to create an account in Crowdin
- Create an account in crowdin through the email sent by the support team (with the email of the translator user) through here.
- Once everything is well set up, you can access DEXMA as usual and start translating
How does it work?
There are 2 different ways of translating:
Once the translation is done, it must be approved and updated by DEXMA.
Translation via Crowdin
Translating can be done with the crowdin built in editor.
For this, select the language you want to translate and then the file that you want to translate. Remember to approve any strings you have translated so they can be included in the build.
A very nice feature of crowdin is the possibility to perform translation in-context while using the web application.
When logging into the EMS Platform as a user that has in-context localisation, you will be prompted with the target language you want to translate (but you can change it from the lower bottom crowdin menu) and prompted to sign in in your crowdin account.
Afterwards you need to go to the lower bottom language selection and select Translator as language. Then you will be able to use this feature.