In this article, you will learn all the information related to the configuration of prices and tariffs in the platform.
Contents of this article:
- Available types of prices on the platform
- Tariff Structures
- Assign Contracts to Location
Prices and Tariffs are an essential configuration part for having the cost of your consumption on the platform.
Learn more about the essentials of displaying energy costs in the platform.
Available types of prices on the platform
The platform offers the possibility of creating prices for 5 different energy sources:
- Exported energy
On this section, you're going to learn how to create and modify prices.
How to create a price
- You should access "Settings" and select "Supplies and Prices" option on the left menu. As you will see, there are 2 sections: "Supplies" and "Prices".
- First of all, you should create a "Price". Go to the Prices tab and click on "New". Then, you should select the different billing strategies for each of the concepts in your invoice. Let's see an example.
- Name: Write a distinctive name for your prices
- Tariff structure: Select your tariff structure corresponding to your bill. For example HT NT from Germany. If you want to know the information about the selected tariff structure, click on "View". If your tariff structure doesn't appear on the list, you can create a new one clicking on "Custom tariff structure". For more information, click here.
- Consumption: Indicate the consumption billing strategy. In this case, "Based on tariff structure".
- Contracted Power: Indicate the power tariff structure (if it's applied by periods, by a single period or if it doesn't apply).
- Excess Power: Select the type of excess of power applied to your contract.
- Excess Reactive: Select the billing strategy for the excess of reactive.
- Other Costs and taxes: If the contract has other additional concepts, indicate them here. This section is where you should include the VAT.
Then, you should fill the gaps and specify the information indicated previously.
- We indicate the prices based on our tariff structure. So, for each period we indicate the Cost per period. In the case that our prices change in a certain moment, we can indicate it clicking on "Add Price Change".
- We also have to indicate the Contracted load Prices per period. In the case that our prices change in a certain moment, we can indicate it clicking on "Add Price Change".
- If we have selected the option "Based on phi cosinus" in load excess, it will appear the following screen. Depending on the selected option, this step will be different.
- Finally, if we have selected the Other Costs and taxes option, we will have to indicate it
For more information about the electricity price concepts read this article.
How to modify a price
If your utility has changed your energy or water prices, you need to update your contract. Here you can see how easy is!
- Go to "Supplies and tariffs" section -> Prices -> click on the price.
- Once inside the configuration of the price: go to Consumption or Contracted power.
- Click on "Add a price change"
- Select date from which rate changes must be applied (i.e.: 1/04/2012)
- Type new prices for each period.
- Save and You're done!
Existent tariff structures
How to create a new tariff structure
If any of the existing electricity tariff structure in our tariff library works for your project, you can create your own using our "Tariff structure generator" wizard.
- Go to Settings > Supplies and tariffs > tariff structure library
- Once in the library, you can see two different zones: Public structures, which are common structures for all users in the platform; and Private tariff structures, only available in this account.
- Click on "New tariff structure" button in Private tariff structures zone.
- In step 1 of the wizard, type a Name for your structure, select the country where it applies, the tariff time band number of periods (Peak, shoulder, off-peak,etc.), give the Official tariff name (if it has), and the Utility. If this is a governmental tariff, type "-" on the Utility input.
- Then, select how this structure is defined according to how many Week patterns it has during a natural year. The platform offers you 4 different ways to do that:
- 1 pattern year: 1-week pattern will be applied for the whole year
- Winter/summer: 2 different patterns are applied, separated by relative dates
- Monthly: 12 or more different patterns are applied, separated by static dates
- Seasonal: No limit of patterns, separated by reference dates
- For example, let's select "Seasonal" week pattern and click "next"
- Now just select the starting relative dates for each pattern. You can add more than two patterns by clicking on "Add season week pattern". You have to introduce the patterns chronologically.
- Then, start painting the weekly pattern matrix (24h x 7days) by selecting the desired period on the bottom right. P1 is the expensive period and P3 the cheapest one.
- Finally, click on the "Save" button and you are done!
Now you can create electricity supplies using your private tariff structures. See this article to learn how;)
Assign contracts to Location
In order to use platform features such as Cost screen or Simulation billing report it is required to assign your prices and tariffs to the Location where you are going to use them.
You will learn how to do it here.