In this article you're going to learn how to use the Operating Hours App.
Contents of this article:
With this app, you will be able to analyse your consumption in specific hour ranges, pre-configured to each of your locations specific schedule (ex.: opening/closing hours, lunchtime, night, holidays and special dates).
- Devices with data.
- Install the Operating hour app on your account from the Apps market.
- 30 min frequency data.
How does it work?
To begin with, let's go to "Settings" --> "Operating Hours". Here, you can create a "New Open/Close Calendar", in a screen like the one you can see below.
1. You should start by naming the calendar, in "Descriptive Name".
2. Under "Number of Periods" you should choose the number of periods you want to divide the days into, from 1 to 5. When choosing this, keep in mind that you can build different schedules for each day of the week: choose the maximum number of periods you will use in a day.
3. Name each of the periods in "Period Custom Name". (Ex.: morning/afternoon schedule; lunchtime; closed/night period)
II - Open/Close calendar definition
1. Choose the start and end date for the desired period.
2. By clicking "Define schedule", you can configure the schedule for that period. A window like the one you can see below should appear.
3. Now you configure the schedule for each day of the week, by selecting the squares of the matrix. To draw different periods, first select the one you want from the periods' subtitles.
It can have as many different periods as the ones you selected in "Number of Periods" under "General Information" (in the example above you have a calendar that can have 5 different
- The special dates that you add here will be common to all locations.
- You can add special dates that are specific to a location later on, the moment you assign a calendar to a location.
1. If the date range you are working on has any special dates, like vacations or local holidays, you can add them, starting by clicking "Add special day schedule".
Keep in mind:
- You can add as many different special days as you want.
- Each special day will have a fixed daily schedule.
3. Define the date(s) using the format DD/MM/YYYY. If it's more than one date, separate them by a comma(,).
4. Design the special day(s) schedule.
You also have the option of creating calendars in-bulk, using the excel sample that you can find in the settings view of the app:
- This excel allows only to create calendars with 2 periods
- Each line, corresponding to a calendar, will be effective from the initial date defined until the 31/12 of the same year of the initial date: the maximum period for 1 calendar is 1 year.
- If you want to use a calendar for several years, you will have to add 1 line per year.
IV - Assigning a Calendar to a Location
1. To begin with, let's go to "Settings" --> "Locations".
2. Click the desired location and click "Assign Operating Hours". You should see a screen like the one below.
3. Select the calendar that you want to assign to the present location under "Open/Close schedule".
A - Special Schedules
You can now create special days' schedules that are specific to this location, by clicking "New schedule" under "Special schedules".
- Here you will give the name to the schedule and design it (the entire schedule has to be filled);
- Assigning this schedule to one or more dates is done below under "Regional and local holidays assignment"
B - Regional and local holidays assignment
1. Under the section "Regional and local holidays assignment" you will see the holidays of this specific location, that are generated automatically.
2. You can add new special dates that were not automatically generated or delete dates that you don't need.
3. Assign one of the special schedules that you have previously created to each special date.
- To assign a schedule to just one date, under the column "Schedule" select the desired schedule.
- To assign a schedule to several dates, select the dates from the list and click "Assign Schedule to".
To complete the scheduling assignment to this location just click "Assign".
A green alert will pop-up reading "Assign success".
Using the App: Analyse Screen
Now that you have created a calendar and assigned it to a location, the configuration it's complete. You are ready to visualise and analyse the data in the Analysis Screen!
1. Start by selecting the "Analysis" screen and choose "Operating Hours" from the menu. You should see a screen like the one below.
2. On the top of the screen you can select:
- "Per location analysis" - where select a single device and location to analyse, and you can also select:
- Energy source
- Range of dates to analyse
- Frequency of the data
- "Global analysis" - where you compare different locations. In this screen you can select:
- The locations to compare
- The device
- The date range
In both cases, you can read in the graphics the different periods' consumptions, in absolute and percentual value, and export the data to excel.
Please note that for group data to be displayed, the group needs to have the 30 min frequency available.