- Available frequencies
- Available parameters
- How does it work?
- To keep in mind
The app calculates carbon emissions from your existing devices, so if the starting device does not have a daily frequency, the app will not be able to calculate daily carbon emissions.
If the daily resolution is available, the app will automatically the weekly and monthly resolutions. However, if only the weekly resolution is available, it will not calculate monthly resolutions.
- 550 Carbon Equivalent Emissions (kg eq.)
- 551 CO2 - Carbon dioxide Emissions (kg)
- 552 CH4 - Methane Emissions (kg)
- 553 N2O - Nitrous Oxide Emissions (kg)
- 554 O3 - Ozone Emissions (kg)
- 555 CFCs - Chlorofluorocarbons Emissions (kg)
- 556 HFCs - Hydrofluorocarbons Emissions (kg)
- 557 SF6 - Sulfur Hexafluoride Emissions (kg)
- 558 NF3 - Nitrogen Trifluoride Emissions (kg)
How does it work?
As introduced before, there are many Emission types to choose (all listed in the picture below).
The different elements in the interface are listed below:
2. Value of the Carbon Conversion Factor
3. Add new periods with other Carbon Conversion Factors to the same Emission type
4. Add new emission types for the same Energy Source
Once you the configuration is done, you will have to assign these Carbon Emissions to the devices that you want in the Locations where they are assigned. To do this, go to Settings --> Locations and choose the desired location.
A tab called Assign carbon emission factors will be available in the location configuration. Once you click on it, you will see:
1. Available devices in the location
2. Carbon Emission previously created
To assign the Location's devices to each Carbon Emission, you just have to drag and drop from 1 to 2 and press the "Assign button" below.
Once everything is set up, the configuration final step is to recalculate the values for the Carbon emissions for the desired period.
To do that, you will have to go back to Settings --> Carbon Emissions and click on Recalculation. You will see then a screen like the one below.
Select the devices for which you want to recalculate the Carbon Emissions and the period for which you want to do it.
Once you do this, you will have to accept the DPs generated by the App for each emission type in the gateway of each device (Settings --> Gateways --> Devices)·
Note: Is important to know that the values are calculated once a day, at 3 am in the morning. You can however recalculate the devices manually on demand.
This screen is similar to the Consumption screen. For each Energy source and Emission type, you can see the devices that have data in the selected period with 3 available frequencies: daily, weekly and monthly.
Below the chart a table list the Total, Average, Median, Max and Min emissions.
To keep in mind
- If recalculation for an emission is failing, make sure to double check that the conversion factor for that emission includes the period that you are trying recalculate.
- If you want more information about Carbon Reporting, don't hesitate to take a look at our Webinar Automated Carbon Reporting & GHG Emissions Reporting.
This is a free app, so you won't have to pay to download it.
However, as it is an app that creates datapoints, all of them will be charged according to your pricing, as if they were normal datapoints sent from the field.
Like any other parameter in the platform, they will be available on every screen possible, according to the parameter type.