In this article we are going to learn how to create a Group and how to configure a "Remainder" Group on the Platform.
Contents of this article:
- Create a group
- Configure a "Reminder" group
- To take into account
- Use: What are they used for?
The platform offers the possibility of creating groups on the locations that allow you to make aggregations of the different devices assigned to the location in order to visualize the consumption of the set.
- Having a Location or sublocation configured.
- Have assigned devices to their corresponding location.
1. Create a Group
You can create a group of devices. This could be useful in order to analyse it on the "Analysis" menu.
1. Go to the "Location Configuration" menu and select the location you want to create the group (in the "Settings" menu)
2. Click on "Groups" tab.
3. Click on "New group".
- Write a distinctive name for the group.
- Add a description for this new group.
- Select all the devices that make up the group.
- Add the parameters that you want to have on the group.
Note: If we want to visualize the group with the same available frequencies as the ones available on the devices that form that group, we must define them by adding each parameter with the corresponding frequency.
4. Click "Save" and you are done!
You can see all the groups created in the "Groups" tab.
2. Configure a "Remainder" group
- Go to the "Settings" menu
- Click on "Groups" tab.
- To create a new group, click on "New group". Write a name and a description. Select ALL sub-metering devices and also the main load.
- Specify for which parameters you want to create the group. Pick as much as you want and select “Remainder” operation. Select the main load meter on the next select list.
To take into account
When we are setting a group we must take into account the following restrictions:
- Define all the frequencies that we want to visualize when we add parameters to the group. The group frequencies aren't automatically calculates from the lower frequency as it is with the groups.
- Different frequencies of a parameter can be defined under the same group.
- It is not possible to create groups with more than 1 operation at the same time (ex: only sums)
- In order to assign supplies and prices to a group, it's necessary to have the 30 min frequency of the parameter defined on the group.
- It's possible to make a group composed of different parameters (the group won't aggregate different parameters but will be related and accessible via API).
Use: What are they used for?
Groups are used to visualize aggregated consumption of different devices assigned to the same location. From the subconsumptions measured by different meters placed on the different parts of our installation we can get the total value.