This article includes the following sections:
This section explains all the available Energy Management Platform Parameters in the EM Platform.
Energy Management Platform Parameters
Here you can find an updated spreadsheet with all accepted parameters by the Platform. If you need to use a parameter that is not on this page, contact us to include it.
This section includes the following subsections:
Here you have some questions and answers regarding the datapoints which are billable in the Energy Management Platform:
1) First, what is a paid Datapoint?
Any Datapoint with data stored, typically values every 15min, 30min or 1h, but as well every day or month. Typically are related to energy consumption values, weather, or external raw data to calculate KPIs (like units produced) using Excel files or the API.
2) Virtual Datapoints are billable?
- Groups (not billable): are not stored in the database, they are not charged.
- Calculated Datapoints (not billable): these datapoints can be visualized or help triggering alarms, the values are stored daily/weekly/monthly but are not charged.
- Derived Datapoints (not billable): to create variation parameters from only one Datapoint, for example for gas when converting from pulses to m3 or kWh. These Datapoints are not charged.
- Heating and cooling degree days (not billable): these Datapoints are not charged.
- New Datapoints created from the following Apps (billable): Virtual devices App, ForecastingApp, Carbon Emission App, Manual Readings App (if you create a new device)
3) And what about meteo Datapoints and HDD/CDD?
The EM Platform understands the need for some of the energy efficiency project to compare facility consumption according to the external temperature. In order to avoid hardware installation, the Platform offers the integration with WeatherBit service where, just configuring the location postcode, the Platform provides a list of the closest weather stations available. The Platform gets data from these weather stations every 15 minutes, for both temperature and humidity. These are charged datapoints.
The meteo Datapoint can be shared within one Account of the Energy Management Platform without additional cost, but the “same” meteo used in different Accounts has a cost and is considered a paid Datapoint. In this last case, the EM Platform replicates the storage of each meteo for future changes in historical values or architecture upgrades.
The Platform doesn’t charge for HDD/CDD datapoints, we store daily values as well as cumulated weekly and monthly values.
4) I need to create static or semi-constant Datapoints. Are they billable?
Static Datapoints like surface or construction year of the building are parameters that rarely change over a month neither accumulate historical values, for this reason this kind of parameters won’t be charged.
The semi-constant attributes (Datapoints) to calculate KPIs are neither charged.
5) Historical data upload
Historical data introduced into any existing datapoint won’t be charged. If these historical data is introduced to a different device, in that case it will be charged.
If you want to know which meters/datapoints are billable in your account, check the following subsection
Know how many meters/datapoints (billable points) has my account
If you want to know how many datapoints or meters we are monitoring, follow these steps:
- Access with a SuperAdmin user to your account
- Go to Account Management > Accounts
3. Under the Accounts menu, you will see the details of all your accounts including the license, creation date, expiration date... In this menu is where you will be able to find how many datapoints or meters you have contracted and are currently in use. Just click on the number you can find on the Meters/Datapoints column.
If we want to activate or deactivate some meters or datapoints, we have to access our account > go to Settings > Gateways > Edit gateway > Devices.
Here we can accept and reject devices or select which datapoints are we going to need. For further information, click on the following link.