In this article you are going to learn about the oBIX:
What is OBIX?
oBIX stands for "Open Building Information Xchange", and it's an industry-wide initiative to define XML and Web services-based mechanisms for building control systems.
The scope of the oBIX is to develop a publicly available web services interface specification that can be used to obtain data in a simple and secure manner from HVAC, access control, utilities, and other building automation systems, and to provide data exchange between facility systems and enterprise applications.
It communicates with the Platform through HTTP.
NOTE: Click here for more information.
How to add an oBIX in the Platform
In order to start receiving data into your account from your OBIX follow these steps:
oBIX technical requirements
1. First of all, your network/firewall (if applies) needs to allow the following IP:
2. The user authentication method must be set as "Basic Authentication".
3. If you are willing to use an HTTPS URL, you need to configure an SSL certificate for that specific address.
4. Login to the EMS with your user and password.
5. Go to the Settings section:
6. On the left menu select Gateways and click on Register a new gateway:
7. Select OBIX :
8. Fill in the following fields:
- Name: Write a distinctive name for your oBIX
- Access devices URL: Add here the URL to access the oBIX devices database. Ex: http://some_server:900/obix/histories/
- Username: Username to access to the oBIX devices database
- Password: Password to access to the oBIX devices database
- Time Zone: Select your time zone
9. Check your device's connectivity by clicking on Check connectivity to ensure that the connection with the device is successfully established.
10. Finally, configure all the parameters that you want and click on Save.