In this article you are going to learn about the datalogger BlueBox:
What is BlueBox?
The BlueBox is a Modbus Zigbee gateway for remote control and energy efficiency. It is a communication system between ZigBee networks and an Internet server implemented on a Modbus compatibility layer.
It communicates with the Platform through HTTP.
How to add a BlueBox in the Platform
The BlueBox datalogger is one of the gateways that are integrated with the EMS, so to communicate the BlueBox with the platform is easy and quick.
To start receiving data you just have to follow the next steps:
1. Log in into your BlueBox website
2. Select HTTP as the data transmission mode.
3. Fill in the following fields and save the changes:
- Remote Service URL: http://bluebox-insert.dexcell.com/insert-bluebox.html
- Connection Timeout: 90
- Send every: 15 min
- Delete records sent: No
4. Write down the HUB ID. You will need this code to link the gateway to your EMS account. To find the HUB ID, go to Settings --> Site/STMP details
5. Once you have set up the Live Data Export inside the BlueBox, log in into the EMS with your user and password.
6. Go to the Settings section:
7. On the left menu select Gateways and click on Register a new gateway:
8. Select the BlueBox gateway and click on Next:
9. Fill in the following fields:
- Name: Write a distinctive name for your gateway
- Key: Write here the HUB ID that you copied previously from the BlueBox website.
- Time Zone: Select the time zone where your gateway is located
10. Click on Save and wait 15 minutes till the BlueBox starts sending data to the platform.