In this article you are going to learn about the datalogger Carlo Gavazzi SH2WEB24:
What is a Carlo Gavazzi SH2WEB24?
The Carlo Gavazzi SH2WEB24 is a programmable specially designed for automation applications. It can be programmed through a free software downloaded from the Carlo Gavazzi website.
It has two RS485 ports with Modbus protocol. In each port, you can connect up to 64 Modbus devices from third party manufacturers.
It communicates with the Platform through FTP.
NOTE: See the file attached at the end of the article for more information
How to add a Carlo Gavazzi SH2WEB24 in the Platform
The Carlo Gavazzi SH2WEB24 datalogger is one of the gateways that are integrated with the EMS, so to communicate Carlo Gavazzi SH2WEB24 with the platform is easy and quick.
To start receiving data you just have to follow the next steps:
1. Login to the EMS with your user and password.
2. Go to the Settings section:
3. On the left menu select Gateways and click on Register a new gateway:
4. Select Generic FTP Gateway:
5. Fill in the following fields:
- Name: Write a distinctive name for your gateway
- Time Zone: Select the time zone where your gateway is located
- File Format: Select the Carlo Gavazzi Sx2WEB format.
Write down the User and Password FTP, you will need it in the next step.
6. Now go to Carlo Gavazzi's configuration interface. Write here the FTP address ftp.dexcell.com, and the user and password provided by the EMS.
7. In the configuration interface, on the screen to define the file template to send, you have to configure it as follows:
- Name: Name you want to give to the template
- File format: csv and check on Zipped
- Name layout: Device name first
- Decimal separator: Dot
To see an example of the file format, click here.
8. Save the changes on your gateway and all will be ready for your gateway to start sending data to the platform.