This article explains in detail how to create a new custom report template. This is a part of the custom reports functionality of the Platform.
- Template vs. configuration vs. report
- Available custom report blocks
- Editing a custom report template
Custom reports are a powerful tool to keep key stakeholders automatically informed on tailored KPI's, depending on concrete needs.
This feature permits any given user to create its own custom reports, enabling an outstanding mechanism to communicate with stakeholders at all levels in a corporation.
Template vs. configuration vs. report
A custom report template is a global entity containing a set of blocks selected/created from the Analysis section screens, as well as content blocks created directly in the template itself.
This entity is used to create configurations, that is, a specification -or an "order"- to create one or several custom reports.
The report is the final (and single) outcome, sent to a given user or a set of users.
In order to have your users/stakeholders informed effortless, you can program a report on-demand or an automatically triggered report, with a specified periodicity, automatically sent to them. The "template" is the first step to program the report. The second step is the "configuration". A given "report" is the final outcome sent to one or more users.
A template can have one or many configurations, and a configuration can generate one or many reports
The template keeps the information about the blocks, and the access to the template itself (WHAT will be in a given report, and WHO will be able to configure reports from the template), while the configuration keeps the information about the data time frames, the triggering periodicity, and the users automatically informed.
You have 2 different ways to create a new custom report template:
- In the reports section.
- With the "Add to report" button in most Analysis section screens.
Creating a new template in the Reports section
- custom report template and is the one that will appear in the header of each of your reports.
- Set the proper visibility you want to give to your new template (either "Private" or "Public"). Nobody but you will be able to see a private template. A Public template will be visible by all user of that given account with privileges to create new custom reports.
- Finally, click "Save" to store your new template.
Creating a new template with the "Add to report" button
Available custom report blocks
The following entities can be added as a block in a custom report template (each entity can be added several times as different blocks in the same template):
- Content block.
- Consumption screen - graph
- Consumption screen - summary table
- Cost screen - graph
- Cost screen - summary table
- Comparison screen - graph
- Comparison screen - summary table
- Comfort screen - graph
- M&V Projects and Groups screens - graphs
- M&V Projects Groups screens - summary tables
- Advanced Analytics queries
Editing a custom report template
To edit a custom report template, go to the Reports section and select the desired template, by clicking on the template name listed under the "OWN TEMPLATES" subsection (below the "NEW REPORTS" and the "EXISTING TEMPLATES" subsection).
Then click on the the "Edit template" button.
- Add new content blocks.
- Delete existing blocks.
- Order/distribute blocks dragging them into their new position.
- Resize blocks dynamically.
- Edit content blocks.
- Change the title of the template
- Change the visibility of the template
This type of block allows you to create custom content to reach a professional custom report finishing.
Thanks to this type of blocks you can add pictures and enriched text to clarify/comment all data presented in the custom reports. They have multiple editing options as in a Word document.
As well as the other types of blocks, you can move and resize content blocks to obtain the desired formatting.