In this article you are going to learn about the Panasonic FPWeb2 datalogger:
What is Panasonic FPWeb2?
The Panasonic FP Web-Server 2 connects all FP series controllers to the Ethernet. Simply assign an IP address to the FP Web-Server 2 and connect the PLC to the FP Web-Server 2 via the serial RS232C interface.
It communicates with the Platform through FTP.
NOTE: See the file attached at the end of the article for more information, or click here.
How to add a Panasonic FPWeb2 in the Platform
The Panasonic FPWeb2 datalogger is one of the gateways that are integrated with the EMS, so to communicate the FPWeb2 with the platform is easy and quick.
To start receiving data you just have to follow the next steps:
1. Log into the EMS with your user and password.
2. Go to the Settings section:
3. On the left menu select Gateways and click on Register a new gateway:
4. Select the Panasonic FPWeb2 gateway:
5. Fill in the following fields:
- Name: Write a distinctive name for your gateway
- Time Zone: Select the time zone where your gateway is located.
Write down the FTP User and Password, you will need it later.
6. Click on Save and start configuring the FP Web2.
7. Log into the Panasonic FPWeb2 interface
8. Go to the internal settings and add the FTP URL (ftp.dexcell.com) and the user and password provided in step 5.
9. Now everything is set up and your Panasonic is ready to send data.