In this article you are going to learn about the Virtual Gateway:
What is a Virtual Gateway?
A virtual gateway is a virtual device that can be used to insert data manually or via a custom insertion program that send data through our API, or by using Excel files.
NOTE: As in a regular gateway, the devices that send data to the Platform through this gateway must be accepted and added to a location. Check out our visualise data article to learn how to do this.
How to add a Virtual Gateway to the Platform
To start receiving data in your Virtual Gateway you just have to follow the next steps:
1. Login to the EMS with your user and password.
2. Go to the Settings section:
3. On the left menu select Gateways and click on Register a new gateway:
4. Select Virtual:
5. Fill in the following fields:
- Name: Write a distinctive name for your gateway
- Key: You can introduce any chain of characters that contain [A-Z a-z 0-9, - y _]. The identifier must be unique in the EMS. The system will inform you if it is already in use.
- Time Zone: Select the time zone where your gateway is located
6. Save the changes on your gateway and all will be ready for your gateway to start receiving data.