In this article you will learn about what is a Virtual Gateway and how to use it.
The virtual gateway is a virtual device that can be used to insert data from custom insertion programs using our API.
Adding a Virtual Gateway to the Platform
A virtual data logger is a virtual device used to insert data from the API.
- In the upper right corner of your main page select "Settings":
- Once in the Settings page select Gateways and
- Select "Register a new gateway":
- Select Virtual and click "Next":
- Choose a name and an identifier for your data logger:
- You're ready to start sending data using the new virtual data logger!
NOTE: The devices sending data to the Platform need to be accepted in the gateway and assigned to a location. Check out our Visualise data article to understand how to do this.