In this article you are going to learn about the OpenDomo datalogger.
What is an OpenDomo?
The OpenDomo OD485C is a device that allows to read multiple meters and sensors through the Modbus/RTU protocol and its 8 pulse inputs, and send them to internet to generate alarms and manage the consumption.
The devices compatibles with the EMS are OpenDomo ODTE and OD485.
It communicates with the platform through HTTP.
How to add an OpenDomo in the Platform
The OpenDomo datalogger is one of the gateways that are integrated with the EMS, so to communicate the OpenDomo with the platform is easy and quick.
To start receiving data you just have to follow the next steps:
1. Access the OpenDomo interface.
2. Go to Device Configuration (in case the device is an OD485) or Configuration (in case the device is an ODTE)
3. In this screen, configure the Server and Port to send to the EMS:
- Server: od-insert.dexcell.com
- Port: 1730
5. In the EMS, log in with your user and password.
6. Go to the Settings section:
7. On the left menu select Gateways and click on Register a new gateway:
8. Select the gateway OpenDomo ODTE and OD485:
9. Fill in the following fields:
- Name: Write a distinctive name for your gateway
- Key: Write here the UID of the OpenDomo, obtained on step 4
- Time Zone: Select the time zone where your gateway is located
10. Save the changes on your datalogger and it will be ready to start sending data to the platform.