In this article you are going to learn about the datalogger eGauge:
What is eGauge?
The eGauge is an affordable, flexible, secure, web-based electric energy and power meter that can measure up to 12 circuits on up to 3-phases (120V−480V, 50−60Hz).
It can be used to measure and record whole-house consumption, solar, wind, and other renewable electricity generation, measure consumption of individual loads, such as appliances or the consumption of geothermal system pumps and backup heaters.
It communicates with the Platform through HTTP.
NOTE: See the file attached at the end of the article for more information, or click here.
How to add an eGauge in the Platform
The eGauge datalogger is one of the gateways that are integrated with the EMS, so to communicate the eGauge with the platform is easy and quick.
To start receiving data you just have to follow the next steps:
1. First of all, log in to your eGauge account and go to the Settings menu.
2. Indicate your preferences. As Data sharing, select DEXCell Energy Manager. When you are done, click on Save to store it.
3. After saving, you will see a DEXCell Energy Manager Setup page, where you will get the ID needed to register it to the Platform. Click on Store new configuration in eGauge.
4. After configuring the eGauge, log in to the EMS with your user and password.
5. Go to the Settings section:
6. On the left menu select Gateways and click on Register a new gateway:
7. Select eGauge.
- Name: write a distinctive name for your eGauge
- Identifier: write the identifier (ID) of your gateway obtained on step 2
- Time Zone: Select the time zone where your gateway is located
9. Save the changes on your gateway and all will be ready for your gateway to start sending data to the platform.