In this article you are going to learn about the datalogger Carlo Gavazzi VMU-C EM:
What is a Carlo Gavazzi VMU-C EM?
The Carlo Gavazzi VMU-C EM is a modular system that records, monitors and transmits analog and digital signals from an industrial, commercial or residential installation with a specific focus on energy efficiency.
It communicates with the Platform through FTP.
NOTE: See the file attached at the end of the article for more information.
How to add a Carlo Gavazzi VMU-C EM in the Platform
The Carlo Gavazzi VMU-C EM datalogger is one of the gateways that are integrated with the EMS, so to communicate Carlo Gavazzi VMU-C EM with the platform is easy and quick.
To start receiving data you just have to follow the next steps:
1. Login to the EMS with your user and password.
2. Go to the Settings section:
3. On the left menu select Gateways and click on Register a new gateway:
4. Select the Carlo Gavazzi VMU-C EM and click on Next:
5. Fill in the following fields:
- Name: Write a distinctive name for your gateway
- Time Zone: Select the time zone where your gateway is located
Write down the User and Password FTP, you will need it in the next step.
6. Now go to Carlo Gavazzi's configuration interface. Write here the FTP address ftp.dexcell.com, and the user and password provided by the EMS.
7. Save the changes on your gateway and all will be ready for your gateway to start sending data to the platform.