The Energy Management Platform allows to create several types of alerts that will help you to detect some inefficiencies on your facility. In this article, you are going to learn all about the Tunnel alert. For more information about all types of alerts, click here.
What is a Tunnel alert?
The tunnel alert helps you detect when one of your devices is out of a specific range of values, simulating a tunnel. The alert will notify you when you exceed a margin for above or below.
Generate a Tunnel alert
In order to create a Tunnel Alert, you must go to Alerts and click on New alert.
In order to create this "tunnel" or range of values, the system will calculate the median or the average of the previous weeks. This number of weeks is set up by the user.
- Alert name: write a distinctive name for the alert
- Activate?: the alert can be active or inactive.
- Parameter: select the energy source you want to evaluate
- Frequency: select an hourly or daily frequency to set the alert
- Weeks: select with how many previous weeks you want to compare
- Device: select the device you want to check and be notified
- Aggrupation: select the operation you prefer to calculate the value to compare. You can group the values by the median or by the average. So the system will take the values of the previous weeks (number of weeks selected by the user) and calculate the median or the average.
- Upper margin: indicate a upper margin in % from the value obtained on the "agrupation"
- Lower margin: indicate a lower margin in % from the value obtained on the "agrupation"
- Warnings generated last 7 days: value indicating us how many alerts would be obtain in the last 7 days.
- Preview: graph representing our baseline, upper margin, lower margin and average of the last week.
Imagine you have set an hourly alert which compares the previous 3 weeks with a margin of 5%. Then, you receive an hourly value of 100 kWh at 08:00h of a Monday.
The system will check the values for the previous 3 Mondays at 08:00h:
- 1: 82 kWh
- 2: 90 kWh
-3: 85 kWh
The average of this 3 values is: 85.66 kWh. If you calculate the tunnel with the 5% of upper and lower margin, you obtain a range of [81.38, 89.95]. As the value of 100 kWh is out of this range, you will get a notification