In this article, we are going to learn how to use the comparison feature in DEXCell EM.
- Available frequencies
- Available energy sources
- How does it work?
- Data Display
- Exporting data
- Tips and tricks
This feature is used for comparing the consumption of the same device in different periods. We can compare up to 3 periods.
The available frequencies in this screen are the ones that you have configured in the Preferences section of the Platform (Settings --> Preferences).
It can go from 5min to monthly.
Available energy sources
The available energy sources by default are electricity, Gas and Water. However, these are all the available sources with the consumption parameter associated:
- Electricity - 402
- Gas - 420
- Water - 901
- Thermal (heating) - 802
- Thermal (cooling) - 810
- Exported energy - 452
- Gas (Vol) - 420
- Gas (NVol) - 419
- Compressed Air Volume - 435
- Liquefied natural gas energy (LNG) - 471
- Biomass - 497
Remember that you can easily activate new Energy Sources going to Settings -> Preferences.
In order to see data on the Comparison screen you need a few things first:
- To send data to DEXMA
- To accept the devices and datapoints generated when the data gets into the platform
- To assign those devices to its corresponding location
Remember that you can only visualize energy data in this screen.
To visualize data of other types of parameters, you should go to Advanced Analytics.
How does it work?
1. Energy Source: Select the energy source that you want to analyse.
2. Devices: Select the device or group that you want to analyse.
3. Frequency: Choose the data frequency (15 min, hourly, weekly...).
4. Window: Select the period (week, month, year..) in which you want to make the comparison.
5. Base period: Select the initial date of the period that you want to make the comparison.
6. Period 1, 2, 3: Select the initial date of the period that you are going to compare with.
5. Click update.
By moving the mouse over the chart we can see the values of the comparison in the floating legend.
The consumption can be normalized through ratios. In order to compare our data in a more realistic way. For example, we can normalize the consumption depending on the surface.
DEXCell offers the possibility of changing the type of chart. We can visualize the data with a bar chart or visualize the accumulated consumption.
Each chart comes with a summary table where you can see the consumed energy for each period and a difference calculated regarding the base period.
This feature allows us to add an hour filter, that can be helpful for example for indicating the working hours. To apply it click hour filter and select the periods you want to activate or deactivate.
The data from the screen can be exported in 3 different ways:
- As an Excel File
- As a picture (only in the case of the chart)
- As a Custom report block, both graph and table. For more information, click here.
Tips and tricks
2. Move the time coordinate
We can use the bar placed above the graph for moving in the time line when we zoom in.