In this article you are going to learn how to use the Gauge widget
The Gauge is a widget for Raw Analysis of data. It displays the KPI of a selected parameter from a selected device for the selected period. It also allows you to compare the value obtained with the same value for the previous period.
Available frequencies and periods
- The frequency of the parameter doesn't apply in this widget
- The available periods are all the ones available in the platform: today, yesterday, last 7 days, last 28 days,...
- To have data available for the parameter selected
- Any parameter can be selected
- Depending on the parameter type (accumulated or instantaneous) the operations to show are different: sum for the accumulated parameters like the Active Energy, and maximum, minimum or average for the instantaneous ones like the Active Power.
To set up this widget, you need to have a dashboard created beforehand.
- Go to the dashboard and click on Edit Dashboard on the top right of the Dashboard.
- Click on "Add widget".
- Select the Raw Analysis - by parameter in the Source of Data section.
- Select the Gauge widget.
- Select a parameter and a device that you want to visualise the indicator from.
- Select the operation that you want to apply to the parameter.
- Select the period of time for which you want to visualise the indicator. (ie: today, last month).
- Select the option you want to compare the KPI with another period.
Now the widget is ready and it will be added to your Dashboard when you save it!
The widget shows:
- The KPI for the parameter and the device selected in the defined period.
- Hovering the mouse over the indicator will show the exact value of the indicator.
- The value below the indicator shows the comparison between the current period and the period defined in the configuration.
- The defined ranges with the previously defined colour. When hovering the mouse, the ranges are also displayed.
From the Edit Options window, you can modify the widgets title. In particular, for the indicator widget, you can also add ranges with customised titles and colours.
To do this, you can follow these steps:
- Go to the Edit Options window
- In the ranges part you can add as many ranges as you want and customise the title, the range and the colours. The first three ranges will come, by default, with the 3 colours you can see in the following image: green, orange and red:
Ranges shall be displayed according to the value of the indicator. If an indicator has not yet reached a certain range, this range shall not be displayed.
The size of the ranges will also be defined by the value the indicator reaches. When the indicator enters a new range, the range will appear very small and will become larger as the indicator grows.