This article describes the Multicolumn CSV gateway and how to send data to the Platform with it.
Register a Multicolumn CSV gateway in the EMS
To register this gateway, follow these steps and select the Multicolumn CSV gateway (FTP or email).
Once in the settings of the gateway, choose a name and select your timezone. Both FTP and email Multicolumn gateways will list the connection details in them, which work just like their generic FTP and email counterparts. Use the connection details listed to send your data.
2 modes are available to select:
- Accumulated: In this mode, the gateway will accumulate the consumption data for each day, and insert the accumulated reading in the platform, assuming that it is reset to 0 every day at 00:00.
- Discrete (recommended): In this mode, the gateway will insert the consumption for each period as it is listed in the CSV file sent.
The gateway accepts files that have data every 15 min, 30 min or hour, so it will need exactly 24, 48 or 96 columns for the readings. In the gateway configuration, you can configure the following:
- Date format: Local or UTC
- Date column: The letter corresponding to the column that lists the date
- Meter column: The letter corresponding to the column that lists the meter/device key
- Units or parameters column (optional): If you are inserting data different to Active Energy, you will have to list the unit or parameter key here
- First data column: The letter corresponding to the column that has the first reading of the day. The parser will look for the next values in the 23, 47 or 95 columns after this one
- First data row: The number of the first row that contains data
Here is an example in order to illustrate how to configure the gateway. In this case, the data has been obtained from IMServ (for more information, click here).
- The "date" is indicated on the de column D
- The "meter ID number" is on the column B
- The "units" are on the columns C
- The "first data" column is the E
- The first data row in our excel file is the 2th.
- kWh: Active Energy (parameter 402)
- LAG: Reactive Energy (parameter 404)
- LEAD: Capacitive Reactive Energy (parameter 408)
Sending data to different energy sources
For example, if you would like to introduce Gas Energy, you should edit the file and specify the parameter "420" on it. If you want to introduce Water Volume, then the parameter 901 is the one to use.